Exciting news! The Sarina Homes’ team is seeking a strategic Finance and Accounting Director to lead our Finance Group. Reporting to the President, the Director will provide strategic decision support and financial guidance for this growing company. This innovative leader will oversee the accounting division, IT and HR consulting services which includes the project management of special projects as necessary. They will possess ownership of the refinement and maintenance of effective financial records, delivering timely and accurate reporting for senior management and investors, and strategically position the accounting division to meet the tremendous growth opportunities of the Company.
Review the below job description, and send a cover letter along with a resume to [email protected] stating in the subject heading Finance & Accounting Director Application.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / DELIVERABLES:
- Utilizes understanding of ‘best practice’ multi-divisional corporate operations to forecast and proactively address needs and situations to ensure streamlined operations across all departments (Construction, Development, and Operations)
- Understands the needs of each department and balances potential efficiencies in each department with the needs of the overall Accounting group
- Establishes, communicates and monitors all accounting policies and procedures to ensure best practices are adhered to
- Implements efficient accounting and reporting programs that adequately address the needs of the company’s various stakeholders
- Implements cost controls that positively impact bottom line profits
- Establishes internal policies and procedures and regularly audits and updates procedures to meet changing needs of the accounting division
Financial Reporting and Compliance
- Leads the preparation of Financial reporting
- Prepares an Annual Accounting and Finance Plan aligned with overall Company Objectives/Goals
- Leads Annual Budget preparation for all departments in conjunction with overseeing budget preparation for each new build plan
- Reports on monthly operating results and forecasting with regularity and consistency
- Oversees and reports to President bi-weekly on group cash flow
- Leads year end compliance planning and execution
- Executes on annual tax planning
- Prepares the year-end working papers and coordinates annual financial statements
- Ensures accurate and timely compliance in multi-jurisdictional environment for all government reporting
- Takes a strategic view to providing effective and efficient reporting that enables senior management to make timely and well informed decisions
Human Resources Management
- Work in collaboration with the HR Consultant to hire and coach the people within the Accounting group
- Effectively contributes to performance of the Accounting team providing regular positive and constructive feedback to team members to support high performance
- Proactively contributes to the development of the culture within the Accounting group in alignment with the overall Company culture
Information Technology Management
- Work in collaboration with our IT consultant, researches, recommends and implements technology solutions with a view to improving efficiencies and streamlining processes
- Ensures electronic data storage and other data and IT related matters meet statutory requirements
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional designation (CPA) is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in a Director/Controller/Accounting Management role within a portfolio-based multi-property environment
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in the design and implementation of financial and business processes/systems.
- Demonstrated business acumen with a solid reputation as a key contributor to operational excellence.
- Track record of personal development to build professional and leadership skills.
- Experience with strategic executive manager support, corporate planning, full-cycle accounting, financial reporting and corporate tax.