COMMUNITY OUTREACH EVENT COORDINATOR – INTERNSHIP
Part-time position, approx. 20 hours per week
Sarina Homes is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to assist with our event programming. This is an awesome opportunity for a passionate community builder to learn about fundraising and event planning. The internship offers exciting hands-on experience and the opportunity to gain new skills.
KEY FOCUS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communication and coordination of events, including but not limited; fundraising, community, and team building events
- Conducting research and administration for event planning and budget management
- Contributing to planning sessions on the layout, format and content for events, in addition to coordinating timelines, calendars, and budgets
- Assist with venue booking, publicity, registration and speaker arrangements as needed
- Hands-on event management support at events
- Responding to calls and emails regarding events
- Cultivating relationships with community associations, business improvement areas and municipality departments
ABOUT SARINA HOMES
Sarina is a team of young spirited and creative souls who believe in Calgary’s future – one where smart growth and ground breaking urban design will define us as among the world’s greatest cities.
Our organization’s core values are to:
- Be honest with love and respect
- Build personal accountability through trust and teamwork
- Be passionate, and determined to deliver the best
- Care about each other
- Pursue creativity
- Be yourself- Have fun!
Our team isn’t made up of numbers; our team consists of crucial pieces to the Sarina puzzle who are dedicated to helping each other grow personally and professionally. We believe in creating positive change in the communities we build in. Check out some of our past events here:
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must be currently enrolled in a program in a related field of study (such as marketing, communications, or event management),
- Some event management experience would be an asset
- Strong working knowledge of other MS Office products including Office, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to plan, organize and maintain attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships
THE HIRING PROCESS
The objective of our hiring process is to ensure that there is a mutual fit between you and us:
- Application process (including relevant volunteer and program/course experience).
- Initial phone interview (to validate career history and discover a mutual fit with company ambitions and culture)
- In person interview, a chance for you to question those you would be working with
- Reference checks with your past supervisors/team members
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
- Current student/recent graduate of the following programs/courses; event management, communications, fundraising, marketing
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- June to September, 2017 with potential to extend
Please submit a cover letter, along with your resume to [email protected] by 12pm, Thursday, June 8, and include Event Internship in the subject line.